For most of us, real estate transactions are the biggest financial transactions of our lives. So before you embark on the buying and selling process, here are some tips to help get you started in an uncertain market:
- Shop around: It’s always good to meet with at least a few different real estate representatives before selecting who you will work with. Consider asking family and friends.
- Interviewing Agents: Ask some of the following questions:
- Tell me about your experience
- Tell me your approach to buying or selling and how that would help me
- What services do you provide?
- Commission Fees: What is your fee structure/commission?
- Other Costs: What other costs will I have to factor in?
- References: Can you provide references?